Police Briefs – Tuesday October 10, 2017

A 27-year-old man has landed himself in more trouble with police after he allegedly broke his parole conditions.

Police say the man was released on October 3 with conditions, such as living at a certain address in Chatham and letting police know of any changes.

However, police say an officer spotted the man Sunday morning and found out he had moved without letting police know.

The 27-year-old was then arrested and charged with failing to comply.


Theft suspect. October 10, 2017. (Photo courtesy of the Chatham-Kent Police Services.)

Police are asking for help in identifying a theft suspect.

On Tuesday morning around 9am, police say a man went into the Shoppers Drug Mart on Queen St. in Chatham.

Police say the man allegedly walked out of the store without paying for about $350 worth of merchandise.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Constable Andrew Jaconelli at andrewj@chatham-kent.ca or at 519-436-6600 ext. 87192.

Those who would like to stay anonymous can also call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).


Chatham-Kent police are keeping a closer eye on those who miss their court dates.

A Windsor woman has been charged with failing to attend court after an arrest warrant was issued.

Police say she was supposed to go to court in August for a charge of uttering threats.

The 28-year-old Windsor woman was found last night and taken back to Chatham-Kent for a bail hearing.


A 21-year-old Chatham man has been arrested for allegedly missing his court date.

Police say a man was supposed to be in court on August 22 for theft charges, but didn’t show.

Early Tuesday morning, police say the man was stopped while riding his bicycle.

The 21-year-old has since been charged with failing to attend court and has another court date schedule for the end of October.

Chatham-Kent police have arrested and charged a 27-year-old man after a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Police say the warrant was issued after the man failed to attend court for theft charges that had happened in August.

An officer spotted the man riding a bicycle on Lacroix St. early Tuesday morning.

The 27-year-old was stopped and taken back to police headquarters.