CK Budget Talks Start Wednesday
Chatham-Kent residents will get their first look at the 2017 draft budget Wednesday night.
Budget chair Derek Robertson previously told BlackburnNews.com he expects it to contain a proposed tax increase of somewhere around 2%.
The document will be presented at 6pm at the Civic Centre in Chatham, followed by any submissions from residents.
For the first time, the municipality will also be streaming the presentation via Facebook Live.
You can find a link to that stream by clicking here.
The presentation will also be shown live on Cogeco TV community channel 11.
After Wednesday night, there will be several budget open houses next week.
They are as follows:
Tuesday, January 24 from 4:30pm-6:30pm
– Brunner Centre, 32 Wallace St. in Thamesville
– Tilbury Arena, Ryder Hall, 55 Bond Ave., Tilbury
Wednesday, January 25 from 4:30pm-6:30pm
– Blenheim High School Cafeteria, 163 Chatham St. S, Blenheim
– Wallaceburg Municipal Office, 786 Dufferin Ave., Wallaceburg
Thursday, January 26, 4:30pm-6:30pm
– Active Lifestyle Centre, 20 Merritt Ave., Chatham
A short budget presentation will be held at each meeting starting at 5pm.
RELATED: Police Budget Up Slightly