House Fire Deemed Accidental

Crews attend the scene of a fire at 120 Wellington St. E in Chatham, February 9, 2016 (Photo by Jake Kislinsky)

Investigators say the cause of a Chatham house fire earlier this week is not suspicious.

Damage to the 120 Wellington St. E residence is pegged at $75,000.

No one was injured in the accidental blaze, which broke out around 4:45pm Tuesday, and was extinguished within a half hour.

Additionally, fire officials are reminding the public not to overload electrical circuits and to watch the permanent use of extension cords.