Remembrance Day Across The Region
Communities across Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent will host Remembrance Day ceremonies on Tuesday, November 11.
For your convenience here is a comprehensive list of events being held and will be updated periodically as new information is made available.
- Windsor – A Remembrance Day ceremony will be held at the Cenotaph located at City Hall Square. The service begins at 11am. Parking will be free Tuesday morning at all municipal lots surrounding city hall.
- Essex – Royal Canadian Legion Branch 201 will march from the Essex Legion Hall to Essex United Church starting at 9:45am. A service at the Cenotaph will be followed by a church service, with a return to the Legion at 11:30am
- LaSalle – Remembrance Day ceremony to be held at the new Cenotaph at 11am.
- Leamington – Parade starts at around 10:30am at the Legion on Erie St. N. It will travel down Erie, turn on Mill St. and arrive at the Cenotaph for 11am.
- Kingsville – Parade starts at around 10:50 leaving from Sykes Funeral Home and travelling to the Cenotaph at 145 Division Rd. S for 11am.
- Amherstburg – Parade starts at 10:30am from the Legion on Dalhousie St. to the Cenotaph at Navy Yard Park. Ceremony will take place at the Cenotaph once the parade arrives.
- Lakeshore – Remembrance Day ceremony starts at 11am at the Cenotaph.
- Tecumseh – Held service and parade Saturday November 8.
- Ridgetown – Parade from Legion on Broadway St. to the Cenotaph on Main St. and back. Ceremony at Cenotaph from 10:30-11:45am
- Blenheim – Parade from the Legion on Catherine St. to St. Mary’s Hall for a service and back, 10:30am-12:45pm
- Erieau – Parade from Molly & OJ’s restaurant to Veterans Memorial Garden, 1:45-2:45pm
- Wheatley – Parade from the Legion on Erie St. N to the Cenotaph on Talbot Road for a service, 10:30-Noon
- Merlin – Parade from the Legion on Stanley St. to the Cenotaph at Kinsmen Park for a wreath service, 10:30am-12:30pm
- Tilbury – Parade from the Legion on Stewart Ave. to the Cenotaph on Canal St. E for a service, 10:30-11:45
- Chatham – Ceremony at Cenotaph on King St. W. from 10:30-11:30am
- Chatham – Ceremony at John D. Bradley Convention Centre, beginning at 9:30am