CO Poisoning Kills Amherstburg Teen

Amherstburg police say 17-year-old Michael Matte (right) died Saturday from carbon monoxide poisoning. (Photo Courtesy Facebook)

Carbon Monoxide poisoning is believed to have caused the death of a teenager in Amherstburg.

Police say 17-year-old Michael Matte of Amherstburg was found dead Saturday afternoon in a garage on Simcoe St.

No foul play is suspected. Police say a small gas generator was being used in the garage as there was no power in the home.

A candlelight vigil is being held tonight at 6pm in front of General Amherst High School where Matte attended.