Blenheim Blaze Injures Two

Pumper fire truck. (BlackburnNews.com file photo)

A pair of Chatham-Kent firefighters suffered “minor” injuries in a shed fire, in the 7400-block of Talbot Trail.  Both were treated by paramedics at the scene. Officials say it started when flammable liquid somehow ignited.  A propane tank in the unit also ruptured.

Assistant fire chief  Bob Davidson says, “everyone who works with or near these (flammable or combustible) liquids must be aware of their hazards and how to work safely with them.”

The blaze broke out around 10:15am.  Crews were able to keep the flames away from the adjacent home.