BlackburnNews.com file photo Windsor Fire and Rescue. (Photo by Maureen Revait)

Fire At Restaurant Blamed On Electrical Failure

Damage is pegged at around $75,000 after a fire broke out at a seafood restaurant in Windsor.

The Windsor Fire and Rescue Service says firefighters responded the first at Mediterranean Seafood in the area of Erie St. E and Parent Ave., on Thursday around 5:30pm.

Fire officials say the blaze started in the basement and was caused by electrical failure at a hydro panel.

Power was also out in the are around the time of the fire, but fire officials say the outage was not directly caused by the blaze. Enwin Utilities has attended the scene to restore power in the area.