Bluewater Health Adds Ten New SpecialistsFebruary 20, 2018 11:47am
Three areas of care at Bluewater Health are benefiting greatly from the hiring of new medical specialists in the past seven months.
Chief of Staff Dr. Mike Haddad says two new physicians are offering more help for the emergency department, cancer care services have been expanded with the hiring of two oncologists and access to mental health services are improving with two new psychiatrists.
“We’ve been trying very hard to fill in many gaps in the various clinical areas of the hospital, so since July we’ve been able to recruit about ten specialists,” says Haddad. “I would say it’s one of the largest number of recruitments we’ve had!”
Six of the new specialists studied nearby at Western University in London, Ontario.
Joining the team are:
- Dr. William Schultz, is an anaesthetist who completed his residency at Western University.
- Dr. Anil Shastry, is a radiologist who completed his medical degree at the University of Toronto and residency training in both diagnostic radiology and nuclear medicine at Western University.
- Dr. Ketan Ghate, a medical oncologist who completed his degree in the West Indies, internal medicine residency in New York and medical oncology residency at Queen’s University in Kingston.
- Dr. Evan Lilly, is a family physician working in oncology and palliative care who received his degree at the University of Toronto and completed his residency at Western University — doing residency training in both Sarnia and Petrolia.
- Dr. Cheryl Willsie, is a psychiatrist with family in Lambton County, who completed her degree at McMaster University in Hamilton and psychiatry training at Western University.
- Dr. Kehinde Aladetoyinbo, is a psychiatrist who completed his medical training in Nigeria and psychiatry training in Dublin Ireland.
- Dr. Jonathan Cosby, is an emergency physician who completed his medical degree and family medicine residency at Western University, then enhanced his skills further in emergency medicine at the University of Manitoba.
- Dr. Shamshaad Ally, is an emergency physician who completed her medical degree in South Africa, and has practiced in South Africa, the United Kingdom and Toronto.
- Dr. Alaa Alhendi, is an internist who completed his medical degree and post graduate training in Saudi Arabia and further training at the University of British Columbia.
- Dr. Frank Spano, is a dermatologist, originally from Sarnia who received his medical doctorate and completed his residency at Western University. He pursued further training in internal medicine at the University or Toronto and in dermatology at the University of Ottawa.
In addition to the recent hires, Dr. Haddad says negotiations are underway with two more doctors interested in coming to the area.