Santa Claus Parade Winners AnnouncedDecember 4, 2017 4:24pm
The winning floats have been announced from Saturday’s Santa Claus Parade in Sarnia:
- Best Theme: Suncor Energy Sarnia Refinery
- Best Youth Entry: 32nd Sarnia Scouts
- Most Entertaining: Lakeshore Community Church
- Best Industrial: Shell Canada
- Best Commercial: Steeves and Rozema Group Home
- Best Non-Commercial : Theatre Sarnia
- Best Community Service Group: Sarnia-Lambton Rebound
- Special Mention Group: Redeemer Lutherans
There were 51 floats this year — a number Kinsmen Club President Bob Marks feels is ideal for an hour long event.
He says this years entries made things tough on the judges.
“I talked to one of them and he said he had an awful time trying to choose the winners, says Marks.” “There were some really good floats.”
He thinks attendance was also above average this year, thanks in part to milder temperatures.
The Kinsmen Club of Sarnia is still accepting donations for the parade, and any excess money received will go towards food-baskets for needy families.