Taxis Seek Rate Increase

taxis

Owners and Operators of taxis in Sarnia says they simply can’t survive without a rate increase.

Spokesman Jim Taylor says a number of factors beyond their control are hurting their bottom line including a huge hike in the price of gasoline

They’re asking for a 20 cent hike in the flag drop to $4, increases in the meter rate and further increases based on the price of gasoline.

6 Comments

1. Cathy

June 25, 2014 at 7:27 am

I can take a taxi in Toronto cheaper than I can in Sarnia.Maybe they should invest in some newer more gas efficient cars.

2. Craig

June 25, 2014 at 7:36 am

3. dave

June 25, 2014 at 10:11 am

greed

4. Unknown

June 25, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Rates are already too high! In Toronto I can go alot further on $20 then I can here in Sarnia – $20 barely gets you anywhere.

5. Concerned Citizen

June 25, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Aren’t Taxi Services private? I am not sure why It’s being recommended that the Sarnia Police Services Board refer the request to staff for a report and then debated at a later date.

6. Wayne

June 25, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Cathy and Unknown. What a bunch of crap from you two. Not only is Toronto more expensive, they ad a fuel surcharge on every trip that increases as the cost of a liter of gasoline increases, you two must live in lala land because what you say us downright wrong. I use Toronto taxis on a regular basis and they are damn expensive.
    Wayne