Wind Warning for Midwestern OntarioOctober 7, 2017 7:59pm
Southern Ontario may be in for a windy, wet Saturday night.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the following Midwestern Ontario regions:
- Wingham – Blyth – Northern Huron County
- Goderich – Bluewater – Southern Huron County
- Listowel – Milverton – Northern Perth County
- Stratford – Mitchell – Southern Perth County
- Bruce Peninsula – Sauble Beach – Tobermory
- Saugeen Shores – Kincardine – Southern Bruce County
- Hanover – Dundalk – Southern Grey County
- Owen Sound – Blue Mountains – Northern Grey County
The weather agency says a cold front is bringing with it the threat of severe thunderstorms and high winds.
Winds could reach speeds of 50km/hr, gusting to as high as 90km/hr in some areas, mainly over higher terrain in vicinity of any thunderstorms.
These winds can toss loose objects around and cause damage or injury, and gusts can rip awnings, tents and damage soft shelters. Rainfall amounts in some areas could reach 25mm.
Keep following BlackburnNews.com for further weather updates.