Stolen Gun Found During Traffic StopMarch 5, 2018 6:35pm
A London man is now facing charges after police recovered a handgun that was stolen six years ago.
The Ontario Provincial Police say on Saturday around 9pm, officers stopped a vehicle on Medway Rd. near Richmond St. in Middlesex Centre.
The driver was arrested for impaired driving and driving under suspension but during a search of the vehicle, officers discovered a semi-automatic handgun. The gun had been reported stolen following a 2012 residential break and enter.
As a result, Nexhat Konjuvca, 25, of London is charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule II substance- Cannabis Marijuana
- Driving while impaired by a drugs
- Possession of a firearm obtained by a crime
- Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm/ammunition
- Knowlege of a prohibited or restricted weapon in a motor vehicle
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Handling firearm in a careless manner
- Careless storage of a firearm
Konjuvca has been remanded into custody pending a bail hearing.