The RONA location in Summerside is one of 11 closing across Canada this year as the company continues its restructuring and reorganization.
The company announced the dates for the closures this morning, calling the locations “unprofitable”.
8 RONA stores in Ontario will cease operations including 1305 Commissioners Road East, on October 13th.
Approximately 95 people at the London store will lose their jobs.
Other company measures announced this morning include:
*Reduction in administrative, marketing, merchandising and distribution expenses.
*In addition to the elimination of 200 administrative positions announced in February, a further reduction of 125 jobs in the four administrative centres in Canada was announced to employees last week.
RONA’s President and CEO Robert Sawyer said these new measures are expected to generate annualized cost-savings of $70 million, in addition to the $40 million announced when the Corporation released its year-end results in February 2013.
The following Ontario locations will also close this year:
• 800 Boyer Street, Mississauga Heartland : closing on October 13
• 7350 Catherine Windsor Street, Windsor: closing on October 13
• 67 Colossus Drive, Woodbridge : closing on October 13
• 369 Old Ferguson Road, Huntsville: closing on October 13
• 104 High Street, Collingwood: closing on October 13
• 8 William Kitchen Road, Scarborough: closing on December 8
• 140 First Commerce Drive, Aurora: closing on December 8