Police Briefs- Saturday, March 10, 2018March 10, 2018 9:39am
A Chatham man has been arrested for impaired driving.
Police say on Saturday at around 2am, an officer on general patrol stopped a vehicle on St. Clair St. in Chatham.
Through investigation, the officer believed the man was driving his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. The man was arrested and taken to police headquarters for breath tests.
A 25-year-old Chatham man was charged with having a blood alcohol concentration exceeding the legal limit. He was released pending a future court date.
The Chatham-Kent Police Service is giving residents some tips to stay safe over spring break:
1. Access denied – Make sure your residence is secure and not easily accessible to criminals.
2. Make some noise- Home alarms can be a great deterrent.
3. Make a few cutbacks – Ensure the outside of your residence is trimmed and not over grown, making it look like someone is home.
4. Lighten up- Make sure your residence is well lit during the day and night.
5. Unplug- Unplug any unnecessary items while away, including internet.
6. Play hide and (don’t seek) – Make sure expensive equipment is away from plain view when looking in residences.
7. Go for the lived-in look – Make it look like someone is still living in the residence.
8. Enlist help – Have someone checking on your residence.
9. Be anonymous- Do not display your family name on decorations or your residence, as well as answering machines.
10. Keep your plans to yourself- Do not post on social media that you are away.
More information about these safety tips can be found online.