Emergency crews respond to the scene of an apartment fire on Park Ave. E. in Chatham. February 12, 2018. (Photo courtesy of Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Services)

UPDATE: Firefighters Respond To Apartment Fire In Chatham

No major injuries have been reported after a fire sparked at an apartment building on Park Ave. E in Chatham Monday morning.

Chatham-Kent fire crews were at the scene around 10am, where a fire started on the third floor. Fire officials were able to put out the flames quickly, preventing it from spreading to other units.

Officials say one person was treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire officials have deemed it as an accidental electrical fire.

Public Educator Whitney Burk is reminding people that in the event of an apartment fire, tenants should get out of their unit and close the door before leaving.