Wallaceburg Complex Fire Causes $70K In DamagesDecember 29, 2017 7:34am
Residents living at a complex in Wallaceburg had an early wake-up call after a fire sparked in the basement Friday morning.
Chatham-Kent fire officials say a fire was called in around 2:30am at a multi-residential townhouse at 200 Westcourt.
No injuries were reported. Damage is pegged at $70,000.
The cause is believed to be accidental.
Fire crews from stations in Wallaceburg and Chatham were able to contain the blaze, preventing it from spreading to the adjoining unit.