A Chatham-Kent Fire Department truck. (Photo by Bob Becken)

Electrical Fire In Blenheim

An electrical fire has caused $70,000 worth of damages at a detached garage and house in Blenheim.

Fire officials say they were called just after 4:30am on Wednesday about a structure fire on Talbot Trail. The blaze had fully engulfed the garage and part of the deck of a house, but firefighters were able to stop the flames from further spreading to the house and another nearby garage.

The Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Services is reminding people to not over load electrical adapters.

“In 71% of home electrical fires, the cause is electrical failure of the equipment,” it says in a media release.