Chatham-Kent fire truck. (Photo by Natalia Vega)

Gas Leak Prompts Temporary Evacuation On College St.

No injuries are being reported after several homes on College St. in Chatham were evacuated because of a natural gas leak.

Chatham-Kent fire officials say firefighters from Stations 1 and 2 were called to the area of College St. and Queen St. at around 5pm Tuesday after receiving reports of a suspected gas leak.

A number of households in the area were evacuated as a precaution, but fire officials say all of the residents were able to safely return to their homes.

The cause of the leak is being investigated by Union Gas.